11 February 2013

Moved Faux funnel: Challenge soap




I've participated in an other soap challenge in the forum Couleur Savon. We had to choose between 2 challenges:


Inclusion into soap or a variation of the faux funnel method



I chose the faux funnel as you can see in the title. The most difficult thing was to choose an original way to do the funnel. First, I thought about a special tool to create a shape into the soap but I was short of time to create it so, I decided to play with the mold instead of the funnel






Something new which I was excited to play with, my plexi-mold that I had for Christmas! And believe me, If you like to do swirls into your soap, that is the mold that you should have. I could have a very thin trace without problem to play with ( my wood mold was a Gruyere, I couldn't have a very thin trace without  it overflow everywhere) and I could tilt my mold easily to swirl the soap as I wanted. And it's very easy to unmold. I'm very pleased with this Plexiglas mold, but I still love my wood mold for regular uses





Identity


Saponified oils: Olive, coco, avocado oil, cacao butter, shea butter, castor oil
Colour: Charcoal for the blue, cacao powder for the brown and natural white colour
Lye solution: 0.1% of tussah silk


Results

I don't have any pictures of the way I tilted my mold to do the swirl. In one word, I tilted it on one side and I poured the colour one by one inside the mold by doing a round trip. It's not easy to explain

And I quite like the result! The only thing is a pity, the funnel is not as original as I wanted. I thought I could have had an unusual effect by using this method but finally, it looks like a normal faux funnel. Anyway, it's ,despite everything, a very nice result



 

By the way, look how this soap looks like this snail shell! Incredible
If you want to have a look at all the creations on the forum, it's here 



  





 

6 comments:

  1. JennY, superbe funnel à tous les niveaux ! Bravo !

    J'ai le même moule que toi que je trouve gėnial et tout mignon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci Colchique! C'est vrai qu'il est bien ce petit moule, parfait pour faire des savons de petites quantitées. J'ai une nouvelle raison de savonner, faut bien que le test sous tous les angles ce petit moule Saponine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous, the colors are so nice. I could look at them forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ton marbrage est vraiment très fin et délicat !

    ReplyDelete
  5. houa ote savon lé trop jolie ! moi aussi mi veut gagne faire !!!! hi hi

    ReplyDelete